Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. They apply to use of the Giggle Beaver website, any subsequent purchases made, and by browsing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The Price is as quoted and is exclusive of VAT or any other tax or duty payable. The amount of such taxes or duties shall be added to the Price and shall be payable by the Customer in the same manner as the Price. Any invoices issued by Giggle Beaver Limited in respect of the Price shall, save in the case of manifest error, be final, conclusive and binding on the Customer.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing the goods are not to be offered for sale on Amazon, eBay, Tesco or Play market places, either directly by your organisations or indirectly through a third party.
- If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time after the quoted delivery time, you may (by informing us in writing) cancel the contract, however:
- you may not cancel if we receive your notice after the goods have been dispatched; and
- if you cancel the contract, you can have no further claim against us under that contract.
- If you accept delivery of the goods after the delivery time given, it will be on the basis that you have no claim against us for delay (including indirect or consequential loss or increase in the price of the goods).
- We may deliver the goods in instalments. Each instalment is treated as a separate contract.
- We may decline to deliver if:
- we believe that it would be unsafe, unlawful or unreasonably difficult to do so; or
- the premises (or the access to them) are unsuitable for our vehicle.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Delivery takes place either:
- at our premises (if you are collecting them or arranging carriage); or
- at your premises or address specified by you (if we are arranging carriage).
- You must inspect the goods on delivery. If any goods are damaged or not delivered you must write to tell us within 7 days of delivery or the expected delivery time. You must give us (and any carrier) a fair chance to inspect the damaged goods.
- Payment is due no later than the date specified on our invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- If you fail to pay us in full on the due date we may:
- suspend or cancel future deliveries;
- cancel any discount offered to you;
- charge interest thereafter on such sum at either the rate of four per cent per annum above the current base rate of HSBC Bank plc from time to time or, if higher, such rate as the Company would be entitled to claim under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (such interest being deemed to accrue from day to day and being compounded on the last day of each calendar month) from the due date until the date of payment whether before or after judgment;
- recover (under clause 5.6) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
- If you have an approved credit account, we may withdraw it or reduce you credit limit or bring forward your due date for payment. We may do any of those at any time without notice.
- You do not have the right to set off any money you may claim from us against anything you may owe us.
- While you owe money to us, we have a lien on any of your property in our possession.
- You are to indemnify us in full and hold us harmless from all expenses and liabilities we may incur (directly or indirectly including financing costs, including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and the costs of instructing a debt collection agency to recover a debt due to us if any) following any breach by you of any of your obligations under these terms.
- Until you pay all debts you may owe us:
- all goods supplied by us remain our property;
- you must store them so that they are clearly identifiable as our property;
- you must insure them (against the risks for which a prudent owner would insure them) and hold the policy on trust for us;
- you may use those goods and sell them in the ordinary course of your business, but not if:
- we revoke that right (by informing you in writing); or
- you become insolvent.
- You must inform us (in writing) immediately if you become insolvent.
- If your right to use and sell the goods ends you must allow us to remove the goods.
- We have your permission to enter any premises where the goods may be stored:
- at any time to inspect them; and
- after your right to use and sell them has ended, to remove them, using reasonable force if necessary.
- Despite our retention of title to the goods, we have the right to take legal proceedings to recover the price of goods supplied should you not pay us by the due date.
- You are not our agent. You have no authority to make any contract on our behalf or in our name.
- We warrant that the goods are free from material defect at the time of delivery (as long as you comply with clause 7.c).
- We give no other warranty (and exclude any warranty, term or condition that would otherwise be implied) as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose.
- If you believe that we have delivered goods that are defective in materials or workmanship, you must:
- inform us (in writing), with full details, as soon as possible; and
- allow us to investigate (we may need access to your premises and product samples.
- If the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship (following our investigations), and you have complied with those conditions (in clause 7.c) in full, we will seek to negotiate the appropriate remedy with you dependent on the nature of the fault.
- We are not liable for any other loss or damage arising from the contract or the supply of goods or their use, even if we are negligent, including (as examples only):
- direct financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use; and
- indirect or consequential loss.
- Our total liability to you (from one single cause) for damage to property caused by our negligence is limited to £1,000,000.
- For all other liabilities not referred to elsewhere in these terms our liability is limited in damages to the price of the goods.
- Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Nothing in these terms affects or limits our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We reserve the right:
- to make any changes in the specification of our goods that are necessary to ensure they conform to any applicable safety or statutory requirements; and
- to make without notice any minor modifications in our specifications we think necessary or desirable.
- You may not cancel the order unless we agree in writing (and clauses 3.a.ii and 9.b then apply).
- If the order is cancelled (for any reason) we may then charge you for all stock (finished or unfinished) that we may then hold (or to which we are committed) for the order.
- We may suspend or cancel the order, by written notice if:
- you fail to pay us any money when due (under the order or otherwise);
- you become insolvent;
- you fail to honour your obligations under these terms.
Waiver and variations
- No failure or delay by us in enforcing any of our rights shall constitute a waiver of any of our rights. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing signed by us.
- No variation of these terms is binding only unless:
- made (or recorded) in writing;
- signed on behalf of each party; and
- expressly stating an intention to vary these terms.
- All orders that you place with us will be on these terms (or any that we may issue to replace them). By placing an order with us, you are expressly waiving any terms you may have to the extent that they are inconsistent with our terms.
- If we are unable to perform our obligations to you (or able to perform them only at unreasonable cost) because of circumstances beyond our control, we may cancel or suspend any of our obligations to you, without liability.
- Examples of those circumstances include act of God, accident, explosion, war, terrorism, fire, flood, transport delays, strikes and other industrial disputes and difficulty in obtaining supplies.
- English law is applicable to any contract made under these terms. The English courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you are more than one person, each of you has joint and several obligations under these terms.
- If any of these terms are unenforceable as drafted:
- it will not affect the enforceability of any other of these terms; and
- if it would be enforceable if amended, it will be treated as so amended.
- We may treat you as insolvent if:
- you are unable to pay your debts as they fall due; or
- you (or any item of your property) become the subject of:
- any formal insolvency procedure (examples of which include receivership, liquidation, administration, voluntary arrangements (including a moratorium) or bankruptcy);
- any application or proposal for any formal insolvency procedure; or
- any application, procedure or proposal overseas with similar effect or purpose.
- All brochures, catalogues and other promotional materials are to be treated as illustrative only. Their contents form no part of any contract between us and you should not rely on them in entering into any contract with us.
- Any notice by either of us which is to be served under these terms may be served by leaving it at or by delivering it to (by first class post or by fax) the other’s registered office or principal place of business. All such notices must be signed.
- No contract will create any right enforceable (by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) by any person not identified as the buyer or seller.
- The only statements upon which you may rely in making the contract with us, are those made in writing by someone who is our authorised representative and either:
- contained in our estimate (or any covering letter) and not withdrawn before the contract is made; or
- which expressly state that you may rely on them when entering into the contract.
- Please note that we may transfer personal information about you to those we may appoint to administer your account or recover amounts owing. That may include, for example, passing information about you to our insurers, debt recovery agents and solicitors, if you fail to pay us.
- You may not assign your rights.